Are you planning on hiring an SEO but have no idea of how to properly choose one? Here is a proposed Scope of Work that will allow you to engage them in intelligent questions to understand what they will do for your website.
SEO GOALS FOR ESTABLISHMENT OF SCOPE OF WORK:
- Improve website visibility on major search engines to improve traffic
- Improve website optimization
- Improve conversions to their website
- To appear in Top 10 rankings on Top 3 search engines in their new market (Google, Yahoo and MSN)
- Generate leads from natural search traffic
- Drive an increased volume of visitors
- Build sustainable long term natural search rankings
- Maximize natural search brand visibility
- Improve Social Marketing Optimization
CHALLENGES TO EXPECT SEO TO ADDRESS AND ANSWER:
- Am I in a niche market or a highly competitive market and what that means
- Competitiveness of keywords and real expectations of getting top/first page results
- Lack of rankings on search engines, where you are at and where can you go
- Un-optimized page titles, tags and copy, what is your current SEO situation
- Low link popularity, no page rank, how to build back links
- Site Design
- Technical issues surrounding website coding, excessive use of java or frames, lack of CSS and use of tables
- Mobile Web compatibility and Social Marketing Optimization
SOLUTIONS YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO BE DONE:
- Perform an initial site audit to understand the issues the site is facing
- Perform a competitive website study and work out a unique search engine optimization and placement strategy to achieve top rankings for the web site
- Extensively research keyword phrases, and identify and analyze popular keywords for your website that are most relevant to your specific market demographics that could drive targeted traffic
- Review the site’s pages and decided which ones are best for SEO
- Work with you to choose which keyword phrases belong on which pages of your site based upon what you know about your product, service or brand
- Make site architecture recommendations to ensure that the most important pages of the site would receive the internal link popularity they deserved
- Optimize the content of your website in a manner that make it keyword rich as well as easy-to-understand – descriptive language that speaks to your target audience
- Optimize each page’s Title and Meta description, Header tags for your targeted keyword phrases, each page will be different specific to the keywords targeted.
- Set up Google Analytics and started tracking traffic and conversions on your website
A discussion of how the amount of bandwidth and disk space on your site can affect your SEO efforts and how to calculate how much you need.
One important aspect of search engine optimization is functionality and of course that means that your site must always be up and running. This means choosing a host that will provide you with all of the web space that you will need to keep all of the features that you have on your site running twenty four hours a day and seven days a week.
The best web hosting services will offer at least 20-80GB of disk space for a regular account and more for premium or advanced accounts. You know you are dealing with a lousy web hosting company if they offer less disk space than that as it is an obvious ploy to cheat you. In fact there are also many companies offering just 1GB for the same price you would pay for a site with 80GB. The best way to avoid being fooled like this is to check the comparison charts that are so often a part of these sites. If you don’t compare the features before buying a web hosting service, you could get ripped off (as well as end up with a site that may be down.)
When looking for a good web host keep in mind the bandwidth size you will need as well. To find the perfect bandwidth for you need to multiply the size of each page that your site will need (an estimation will do) times the number of page views you are expecting to get a month. This way you calculate the actual bandwidth that will be consumed by your online business and make the correct choice when it comes to purchasing a website.
Never underestimate the importance of these two features as they become crucial factors in keeping your website available to your customers, especially if you become a success and your website becomes very busy!
Undoubtedly, Joomla is an award-winning and highly appreciated free and open-source Content Management System or CMS, which has plenty of extensions to use. More than 20 million websites are based on this CMS because of its SEO-friendly nature and outstanding features.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a collection of techniques, which are used to increase the ranking of a website. Extensions offered by Joomla are one of the easiest ways to design and develop an SEO-friendly site. Here is a list of top 5 Joomla SEO extensions that you should try to rank higher on Google or any other search engine.
Xmap: Without any doubt, a website that contains sitemap has a higher ranking than any other site on different search engines. Xmap a well-known Joomla extension will help you to generate a sitemap automatically based on your site’s menu. This extension is a must for almost every website owner who wants to increase the ranking of their website because it is an ideal option for heavy traffic sites.
Smart SEO: Another important Joomla SEO extension, which is loved by millions of developers is Smart SEO. It is specially designed for the newly developed sites or for the sites which just start the optimization process. It offers a broad range of functionalities and gives you the results, which are more than your expectations.
Joomla SEF: It is a significant extension, which helps to construct SEO-friendly URLs for your website. It is a must for every single person, who has a website based on this award-winning CMS. It is absolutely free to download and have plenty of features to offer, which actually make your development and optimization process simple for you.
SEO Simple: It is widely known for its feature of converting a section of beginning text into a Meta description, which saves your lot of time. It is highly recommended and mostly used by the countless developers around the world.
SH404SEF: It is one of the most popular and highly recommended SEO extensions, which is hard to remember, but have the capability to support all Joomla versions. It is specially used for rewriting the URLs to make them in a friendly format, which is easy to read by the human or web spiders as well. The bloggers or businesses mostly use it. Moreover, it enables users to track their site’s social sharing, which helps to determine how their site is ranked.
In a cloud environment, GPUs work in conjunction with a server’s CPU to accelerate application and processing performance. The CPU offloads compute-intensive portions of the application to the GPU which processes large blocks of data at one time rather than sequentially boosting the overall performance in a server environment.
GPUs are better for high performance computing than CPU’s alone because of the thousands of small efficient cores designed to process information faster.
JPStream customers can choose the NVIDIA Tesla or GRID graphic cards that best meet the needs of their workloads. NVIDIA Tesla is designed for high performance acceleration of scientific computation and data analytics, and NVIDIA GRID is engineered for professional grade virtualized graphics.
What makes any internet business a runaway success? A great launch is good and easy but in the long run it is the careful planning and implementation of internet marketing strategies that makes the online business a revenue generator. A combination of good internet marketing strategies like affiliate marketing or Ezine publishing or blogging, requires research and organizing.
Internet is packed with affiliate marketing software and other marketing techniques like quick Ezine publishing, to make your online business a million-dollar industry with just a few hours and days spent over it. Well, let me tell you that overnight success of internet marketing strategies is a carefully publicized myth.
Successful internet marketing strategies are not devised in a day or two, but take effort, meticulous research, implementation and monitoring of various marketing techniques like Ezine publishing, Affiliate marketing, banner ads, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), blogs, Good adsense, etc.
Create an impact with your internet marketing strategy by implementing a combination of these proven marketing techniques.
Targeted Niche Marketing: Decide on the customer for your internet business. Survey the customer categories and usefulness of your product for this. Organize your Marketing Strategy around your niche customers. Niche marketing techniques will require optimal utilization of other internet marketing strategies to be successful.
Affiliate Marketing: Sign up with programs that offer your business to their affiliate marketer networks. You will get a readymade list of people eager to sell your product for a commission off the sale. The commission structure can be decided by you. Just remember that best affiliates charge the highest commissions, but are an invaluable asset to affiliate marketing success. Affiliate marketing is the simplest Internet marketing strategy.
Ezine Publishing: Create a mailing list or use an old mailing list for sending newsletters (Ezines) about your business. Make maximum use of the referrals. Have visitors to your website signup for the Ezine and even refer a friend. Publish your Ezine carefully to target your business audience. Having other popular businesses advertise in your Ezine will get you a space in their Ezine marketing too, widening the sphere of your internet marketing strategy.
SEO Piggybacking: One of the oldest internet marketing strategies is to hitch a ride on another successful business. Add keywords to your web content to get your site search engine optimized (SEO). Research various search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask Jeeves, etc for keywords describing your business. Check the businesses that rate the highest with the search engines and get your website optimized to the same keywords and watch your business show up high in search results.
Banner Ads: Carefully select high traffic websites to place your banner ads. Research the host websites for competitors’ ads, web content quality, ad content quality, how many other sites link to it, search engine optimization of the host website, and placement of your ad. Banner Ads are an invaluable part of your internet marketing strategy.
Reviews and Awards: A review from a popular reviewing and/or award site can help you establish credibility with your visitors. Have your customers review you. Your reviews being posted in blogs and forums will also contribute to the success of your internet marketing strategy.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Campaign: This is a tricky online marketing strategy but can become hugely successful when monitored closely. Select a PPC program that permits you the flexibility to determine your daily expenditure for this directed traffic generation method.
Blogs: Blogging is an integral part of every successful internet marketing strategy today. You can publish your own blogs on your business site or become a member of other blog sites. Selecting successful networking sites for blog placement will increase your market presence.
Google Adsense: This textual internet marketing strategy places related text AdWords by Google on your website. By participating in this network marketing you build up your presence with other members of Google AdSense and earn a better SEO placement.
Freebies: Offer free coupons or discounts in your website and in your ad placement on other sites. Track these freebies and their success by allotting a code to each coupon and monitor the success of this type of internet marketing strategy. The freebies can be as banner ads or text ads and are great at directing customers to your website.
By carefully selecting a combination, you can create a highly successful internet marketing strategy for the long term.
Information on how to become a certified Google Authorized Website Optimizer, Adwords or Analytics Consultant
As the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) community expands more experts are required. Unfortunately, it seems that many people interested in acquiring training are confused when it comes to figuring out today’s various Google certifications. The following information should shed some light on the subject and hopefully eliminate some of the mysteries.
1. Google Adwords Certified Individual
Designed for professionals who want to deal with AdWords accounts, the Google Advertising Professionals program offers the perfect training to become a successful ad manager.
The Google Adwords Certified Individual program is the most widespread form of Google certification. It is the easiest to attain and, as per Google, only requires the following:
– Enroll in the program successfully – online registration is available.
– Be in good standing, accept the rules of use and not violate them.
– For 90 days, manage at least one AdWords account (your own or someone else’s) in My Client Centre (MCC).
– Spend at least US$1000 (or an equivalent of other currency) in My Client Centre during the 90-day period.
– Pass the Google Advertising Professional Exam – need 75 %.
It is best to take the exam after you meet the above mentioned requirements and have studied the lessons, however, you can take the exam at any time. The format consists of 100 questions which have to be answered in a 90 minute span. Taking the test costs $ 50 per try and when you succeed you will receive a funky badge signifying your certification.
2. Google Adwords Certified Company
To become a Google Adwords Certified Company is a bit more complex. The company will need a few certified individuals on staff and will also have to spend higher amounts in the MCC. Further requirements are:
– Your billing and mailing address has to be in a country where company qualifications are available.
– Have at least two employees with Qualified Individual certification. They have to be enrolled under the main ‘company-registered My Client Centre’ account and not their own.
– Defined by their country, spend the minimum 90-day total for the company’s My Client Centre account. In the US and UK that amount is $ 100,000 over any 90-day period. This can be tricky if the client base is unstable or seasonal.
3. Google Analytics Authorized Consultant (GAAC)
Anyone trying to find their way through the challenging hoops of the Google Analytics Authorized Consultant program will need determination and insight in various fields. The reason for the know-how is that, the GAAC designation is not based on successful testing, but rather on a detailed submission explaining why you should be an authorized consultant. The document, which has to be emailed to Google should contain the following evidence:
– Detailed range of stand-alone Analytics services, including implementation, configuration, training and consulting experiences.
– Comprehensive case studies of 3 verifiable, paid, expertly deployed Google Analytics projects with at least 3 different clients. Google will verify these references.
– Proof of proficiency in web analytics. This can include experiences in blogging, speaking, white papers, management bios, ad campaigns, or successful marketing programs.
– Have at least 2 people employed who have passed the GAIQ test (Google Analytics IQ test).
– You must represent a business (individuals do not qualify) which is legally incorporated to do operate in your locality.
Once your foot is in the door, you will be confronted with further and ongoing criteria. These are:
– At the end of each calendar quarter you will have to provide a detailed report of all GA projects you have worked on during that time. This statement has to include client names and achieved results.
– At your expense, register at least 1 employee to the yearly Google Analytics Authorized Consultant summit (held once a year in Mountain View, CA). This can be expensive for those not residing in the US.
Because of the intricate requirements there are less than 100 authorized companies in the world!
4. Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant (WOAC)
Anyone interested in getting a Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant badge will have to apply for this certification the same way GAAC applicants do; email a detailed submission document to Google. It should summarize the following:
– In-depth case studies of at least 3 verifiable and successful Website Optimizer experiments you designed and implemented. These 3 referred clients have to different and will be contacted for verification.
– Proven background in marketing, blogging, speaking, white papers, etc.
– Evidence of Google Website Optimizer services. This can include setup, training, and consultation.
– Committed to succeed in the Google Website Optimizer technical training sessions at a Google office in Mountain View, CA, USA.
– Providing detailed product and market feedback on a quarterly basis and launch at least 3 Website Optimizer experiments per quarter.
What certification suits you best will in the end depend on how much time, effort and money you want to devote. The more invested in the program, the higher the benefits will be. Good luck!
Many people confuse these two terms and use them interchangeably but there is a difference between SEO and SEM. Search engine optimization (SEO) is a component of search engine marketing (SEM). It is the act of optimizing a website for organic or natural search engine listings. Search engine optimization is one of the most cost-effective functions of a search engine marketing campaign, but it is only one element of SEM.
Search engine marketing (SEM) is the act of marketing a website via search engines, whether by improving rank in organic or natural listings, paid or sponsored listings or a combination of both.
A comprehensive search engine marketing campaign includes the following functions:
- Search engine optimization
- Search engine and directory submission management
- Paid inclusion and trusted feed programs
- Pay-for-placement management (includes pay-per-click)
- Link popularity / reputation development
- ROI and performance monitoring and reporting
Now that you know the difference, here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of SEO and SEM.
SEO – PROS
- Organic listings are a trusted source of information, believed to be unbiased and indexed solely by the automated methods of an objective third-party
- Natural search traffic provides a steady stream of traffic over time
- Costs are frontloaded; once pages are optimized for organic search, low ongoing maintenance fees make it cost-efficient for marketers on a limited budget
SEO – CONS
- Organic results can be unfocused in their content and occasionally misconstrued through automation
- There’s little control over which terms your pages will be linked with or how well they get ranked
- Relatively low control over your listing copy – automated technology decides what’s displayed
- Organic listings have to be optimized well in advance of the intended pay-off and require great insight to production efforts down the road
- Engine requirements can be at odds with site design and architecture; it is often difficult to present information that is both accessible to search spiders and carefully designed to influence consumer behavior
For these reasons, it becomes important to actively monitor organic listings and brand rankings within. There is no substitute for a proper SEO program and the natural traffic it provides.
SEM – PROS
- Paid traffic comes with a measure of predictability, allowing marketers to forecast both volume and cost-efficiency for relevant metrics
- The free-market bidding system offers full access to a target audience and the opportunity to scale campaigns and pursue them aggressively, creating synergies with sales promotions
- Paid traffic can provide a boost to site volume when most needed
- Creative is completely customizable, to further the user’s search intent and strategically position a brand within that search engine dialogue
- Paid listings are manually generated, and constructed with more awareness to the environment and a consumer’s true intent
- Sponsored ads are known to drive more sales than ordinary search links, converting at higher rates
SEM – CONS
- Paid listings can get very expensive across competitive keywords, where market forces can quickly inflate cost-per-clicks (CPC)
- A certain portion of the customer base is wary of paid listings.
In conclusion, search engine optimization is simply a component of search engine marketing. They are both important for managing and improving your website. We hope this has cleared up any SEO and SEM confusion.
Internet marketing has impacted the way we currently do our personal business as well as our providing many marketing opportunities for the entrepreneur. The Internet has brought media to a global audience, and in return, the interactive design of the Internet marketing provides instant responses and elicits responses creates a very unique quality of medium. Internet marketing is a broader scope because not only does it incorporate the Internet, email, wireless media, but it also includes the management of digital data, and electronic customer relationships. The appeal of Internet marketing emphasizes a specific behavior or interest, rather than out to a broadly defined demographic.
Online advertising methods have been dramatically altered by the technological advancements in the telecommunications arena. With the development of Broadband, advertisers can more effectively engage in manage branding campaigns that seek to shape consumer attitudes and feelings concerning specific products. The rapid growth of broadband technologies will encourage online advertisers to design rich multimedia content that will produce a level of comfort with their target-viewing audience. It is safe to say that with connection speeds ever increasing so will the frequency of online branding campaigns.
Let’s also look at how Internet market has affected the online banking industry. Since there many banks that offer their customers the ability to perform many banking tasks over the Internet, it is more convenient and faster than had their customer visited a bank branch. Another industry that has been impacted by Internet marketing is the number of Internet auctions. These Internet marketing businesses have become a multi-billion dollar business for many. Items that were only available at flea markets are now available on Internet auction sites, such as eBay. Buyers and sellers will often look at prices on the website before going to a flea market, keeping in mind, that often what happens is the price on eBay is now the selling price. It is safe to say that eBay is used as a price-basis for specialized items such as antiques, clothing, etc.
Aside from the fact that Internet marketing has had a profound affect on the technology industry, it has hugely impacted the advertising industry. Online advertising has grown by leaps and bounds, and is worth tens of billions of dollars annually. If you do not believe that last statement, just take a look at recent reports from PricewaterhouseCoopers. Also, consider our last Presidential election and how Internet marketing strategies had a growing impact on the electoral process. The Presidential candidates of 2008 utilized Internet marketing strategies to reach their constituents. It was estimated that at the time of the primaries, the candidates added on an average of 500 social network supporters per day to assist with getting their message out to the American public. Keeping mind, that President Obama raised over $1 million in donations in a single day, and this was primarily achieved online during his campaign. To say that the Internet has an impact on our lives is merely an understatement. Effective Internet marketing may have won the Presidential campaign in 2008 aside from raising a tremendous amount of money to fund the Democratic campaign for the presidency.
Continuing on our series on SEO for beginners, we will discuss Meta tags. Hypertext Markup Language or HTML lets author of a webpage specify more details about the document rather than the document content itself using Meta data.
The information that is in the Meta data is used by search engines like Google to update their database. Search Engines figure out that a webpage is related to some keywords and when someone searches for a particular keyword, s/he will be able to find this page in SERPs. The Meta tags are generally located near the top of the HTML document inside the Header tag.
According to W3C, “Each META element specifies a property/value pair. The name attribute identifies the property and the content attribute specifies the property’s value.”
There are many types of Meta tags. But the two most crucial Meta tag for search engine indexing are the keywords and the description Meta tags. The Meta tag – “keywords” lists the keywords or key phrases that best describe the contents of the webpage in question.
In context of Google the dominant search engine, “Description” Meta tag is even more important and relevant. A webpage’s “description” Meta tag provides Google and other search engines a summary of what the webpage is all about. Unlike a page’s title which should ideally consist of few words, a description Meta tag can be a sentence or even short paragraph. The reason the Description Meta tag is important is because Google may decide to use it as a snippet for your pages when showing your site’s listing on search results. In case, Google search engine notices that your page text content is more relevant to the user’s query then Google may show that snippet from the webpage’s text content. So it’s advisable that webmasters and SEO consultants make the best use of this tag. A well written Meta tag can also make a difference to page rankings.
Also, when a user searches for a keyword in Google search engine, the results show description tag with keywords in bold. This immediately gives searcher clues if the result has the matching keywords and if it is relevant. A proper Meta tag may also results in higher click through and hence more traffic.
Few points should be kept I mind while creating meta tag description. Describe the page accurately in the description tag. Description Meta tag helps both search engines and user alike so it should match your site’s content and title. Avoid generic or default description provided by WYSIWYG editors. Never add unrelated description, this is spamming and Search Engines may not take it lightly. Also, always create unique description Meta tags for all pages of the website.
To check if your description Meta tags conform to Google’s guidelines, Google provides Webmaster Tools provides a content analysis section that analyses and points out if any description Meta tags is too short, long, or duplicated too many times across the website.
Author: Aniruddha Badola
These days, search engine optimization is the most effective and popular marketing strategy for your website to improve your website’s organic search engine ranking and drive more targeted visitors. As a result, SEO marketing strategy is important for any Internet company to become successful in online business. It is a complex process, which involves long term planning.
Professional search engine optimization consultants are dedicated to creating innovative Internet marketing strategies and search engine optimization solutions. They develop a search engine optimization strategy by incorporating the following on page and off page optimization techniques:
• Content research and creation
• Structuring content within the site
• SEO copywriting
• Optimizing website content
• Building inbound links
• Developing link popularity campaign
• Submitting to search engines and directories
• Site design
• Website ranking report
• Evaluation and tracking
Grow Your Business – Keep Ahead of the Competition
Implementing appropriate search engine optimization and marketing strategies, you can get higher search engine positions in Google, Yahoo, Altavista, MSN, Sina, Ask.com, NexTag, AOL, Microsoft Live and AT&T Worldnet. Moreover, it helps your online business to improve your business results such as
• Generate highly qualified website traffic
• Ethical marketing practices
• Attracts inbound links
• Increase sales leads
• Grasp more business opportunities
• Build brand recognition
• Expand your web brand recognition
• Establish a successful website with stronger fulfillment paths and better usability
SEO Marketing Strategy Experts
If you want to build a professional website with an excellent marketing strategy, get the support from a leading search engine optimization service provider. These providers have experienced SEO experts and specialists with excellent knowledge and research capacity to deliver the most professional SEO strategy services.