Internet marketing has impacted the way we currently do our personal business as well as our providing many marketing opportunities for the entrepreneur. The Internet has brought media to a global audience, and in return, the interactive design of the Internet marketing provides instant responses and elicits responses creates a very unique quality of medium. Internet marketing is a broader scope because not only does it incorporate the Internet, email, wireless media, but it also includes the management of digital data, and electronic customer relationships. The appeal of Internet marketing emphasizes a specific behavior or interest, rather than out to a broadly defined demographic.
Online advertising methods have been dramatically altered by the technological advancements in the telecommunications arena. With the development of Broadband, advertisers can more effectively engage in manage branding campaigns that seek to shape consumer attitudes and feelings concerning specific products. The rapid growth of broadband technologies will encourage online advertisers to design rich multimedia content that will produce a level of comfort with their target-viewing audience. It is safe to say that with connection speeds ever increasing so will the frequency of online branding campaigns.
Let’s also look at how Internet market has affected the online banking industry. Since there many banks that offer their customers the ability to perform many banking tasks over the Internet, it is more convenient and faster than had their customer visited a bank branch. Another industry that has been impacted by Internet marketing is the number of Internet auctions. These Internet marketing businesses have become a multi-billion dollar business for many. Items that were only available at flea markets are now available on Internet auction sites, such as eBay. Buyers and sellers will often look at prices on the website before going to a flea market, keeping in mind, that often what happens is the price on eBay is now the selling price. It is safe to say that eBay is used as a price-basis for specialized items such as antiques, clothing, etc.
Aside from the fact that Internet marketing has had a profound affect on the technology industry, it has hugely impacted the advertising industry. Online advertising has grown by leaps and bounds, and is worth tens of billions of dollars annually. If you do not believe that last statement, just take a look at recent reports from PricewaterhouseCoopers. Also, consider our last Presidential election and how Internet marketing strategies had a growing impact on the electoral process. The Presidential candidates of 2008 utilized Internet marketing strategies to reach their constituents. It was estimated that at the time of the primaries, the candidates added on an average of 500 social network supporters per day to assist with getting their message out to the American public. Keeping mind, that President Obama raised over $1 million in donations in a single day, and this was primarily achieved online during his campaign. To say that the Internet has an impact on our lives is merely an understatement. Effective Internet marketing may have won the Presidential campaign in 2008 aside from raising a tremendous amount of money to fund the Democratic campaign for the presidency.
Continuing on our series on SEO for beginners, we will discuss Meta tags. Hypertext Markup Language or HTML lets author of a webpage specify more details about the document rather than the document content itself using Meta data.
The information that is in the Meta data is used by search engines like Google to update their database. Search Engines figure out that a webpage is related to some keywords and when someone searches for a particular keyword, s/he will be able to find this page in SERPs. The Meta tags are generally located near the top of the HTML document inside the Header tag.
According to W3C, “Each META element specifies a property/value pair. The name attribute identifies the property and the content attribute specifies the property’s value.”
There are many types of Meta tags. But the two most crucial Meta tag for search engine indexing are the keywords and the description Meta tags. The Meta tag – “keywords” lists the keywords or key phrases that best describe the contents of the webpage in question.
In context of Google the dominant search engine, “Description” Meta tag is even more important and relevant. A webpage’s “description” Meta tag provides Google and other search engines a summary of what the webpage is all about. Unlike a page’s title which should ideally consist of few words, a description Meta tag can be a sentence or even short paragraph. The reason the Description Meta tag is important is because Google may decide to use it as a snippet for your pages when showing your site’s listing on search results. In case, Google search engine notices that your page text content is more relevant to the user’s query then Google may show that snippet from the webpage’s text content. So it’s advisable that webmasters and SEO consultants make the best use of this tag. A well written Meta tag can also make a difference to page rankings.
Also, when a user searches for a keyword in Google search engine, the results show description tag with keywords in bold. This immediately gives searcher clues if the result has the matching keywords and if it is relevant. A proper Meta tag may also results in higher click through and hence more traffic.
Few points should be kept I mind while creating meta tag description. Describe the page accurately in the description tag. Description Meta tag helps both search engines and user alike so it should match your site’s content and title. Avoid generic or default description provided by WYSIWYG editors. Never add unrelated description, this is spamming and Search Engines may not take it lightly. Also, always create unique description Meta tags for all pages of the website.
To check if your description Meta tags conform to Google’s guidelines, Google provides Webmaster Tools provides a content analysis section that analyses and points out if any description Meta tags is too short, long, or duplicated too many times across the website.
Author: Aniruddha Badola
These days, search engine optimization is the most effective and popular marketing strategy for your website to improve your website’s organic search engine ranking and drive more targeted visitors. As a result, SEO marketing strategy is important for any Internet company to become successful in online business. It is a complex process, which involves long term planning.
Professional search engine optimization consultants are dedicated to creating innovative Internet marketing strategies and search engine optimization solutions. They develop a search engine optimization strategy by incorporating the following on page and off page optimization techniques:
• Content research and creation
• Structuring content within the site
• SEO copywriting
• Optimizing website content
• Building inbound links
• Developing link popularity campaign
• Submitting to search engines and directories
• Site design
• Website ranking report
• Evaluation and tracking
Grow Your Business – Keep Ahead of the Competition
Implementing appropriate search engine optimization and marketing strategies, you can get higher search engine positions in Google, Yahoo, Altavista, MSN, Sina, Ask.com, NexTag, AOL, Microsoft Live and AT&T Worldnet. Moreover, it helps your online business to improve your business results such as
• Generate highly qualified website traffic
• Ethical marketing practices
• Attracts inbound links
• Increase sales leads
• Grasp more business opportunities
• Build brand recognition
• Expand your web brand recognition
• Establish a successful website with stronger fulfillment paths and better usability
SEO Marketing Strategy Experts
If you want to build a professional website with an excellent marketing strategy, get the support from a leading search engine optimization service provider. These providers have experienced SEO experts and specialists with excellent knowledge and research capacity to deliver the most professional SEO strategy services.
I started out in internet marketing with idea of, getting a website, and that was it, soon the money would just pile up and all my dreams would come true; WRONG! Then after nothing happening for a month, I decided to research online to figure this thing out called “internet marketing”. From search engine marketing, email marketing, affiliate marketing and direct marketing I felt completely overwhelmed, and just about quit. I have come to believe that, to be successful online there is way more than than just “marketing”.
A Map of 7 Strategies for Internet Marketing Leadership
1. BELIEF: Acquiring anything of real and true value always starts out with simply believing in yourself. I now have a pretty big library of all the top network marketers courses and all of them articulate how this mindset is golden. Once you start believing you can do it, you’ll then start to subconsciously practice the things needed to succeed in internet marketing.
2. EDUCATION: There are so many FREE internet marketing strategies right in front of you online; so find a leader in marketing and visit their website; all of them always give free information away, that is very helpful. Now if your one of the lucky ones with money, there is no reason you shouldn’t be buying courses, to help you with your marketing. Internet marketing strategies are changing all the time so it’s a good idea to find someone who can supply you with the path that suits you best.
3. CONFIDENCE: Get bold with what your doing, read up, realize in your heart that you can do it and go to work. I just read an article by a top internet marketing leader who stated “there is no business skill I cannot master”. To most that would sound cocky, but to people who know him, (never met him, just buy his products) understand that is just his confidence. So believe in yourself, read up, and then confidence will follow.
4. ACTION: One of the biggest mistakes I made, was that I was taking it all in and doing absolutely nothing about it. Seriously if you don’t put forth what you’ve learned, then all is for not! Make yourself GO, start, even if you make mistakes, you are progressing. Mistakes are good, because you learn from them. Every internet marketer, and online business guru all made mistakes, and I’ll just bet most still do.
5. PERSISTENCE: Keep on keeping on, NEVER QUIT! Family and friends, and most of the people you talk to about your internet marketing business are going to be skeptical, but DO NOT let that hamper your belief. Turn off the TV and phones and get to work, DO MORE!
6. PATIENCE: When reading about all these internet marketers that can write their own ticket, you’ll find that most, if not all, struggled in the beginning. There are many avenues in marketing online, (search engine marketing, email marketing, affiliate marketing, direct marketing), and all of them require patience; just find the marketing strategy that your passionate about, and it won’t even feel like work.
7. STAY PLUGGED IN! Simply put; keep in contact with all the leaders on your team. Attend webinars, conference calls and always take notes; then review the notes you have taken a couple of days later. you will be amazed how much more clear everything will be at that later time. One more trait that I have come to realize about all these “internet marketing leaders”, they give and give and give, so I believe if you can find a way to incorporate that practice into your online endeavors, you will always be a success and a leader!
Quick note: Today I went to church like I try to do every Sunday, but today was different, the bishop of our whole region was to conduct mass. Now the reason I’m telling you this is because I was befuddled with myself at the way I was drawn to his presence. Why was I in this state of awe? I never felt this way with the parrish priests. Then it hit me, he is a “leader”. From his silver and gold staff to his gold embroidered habit, he commanded respect, and without doing nothing but being himself. If you want to learn more on becoming a leader, be sure and follow the link below.