What makes any internet business a runaway success? A great launch is good and easy but in the long run it is the careful planning and implementation of internet marketing strategies that makes the online business a revenue generator. A combination of good internet marketing strategies like affiliate marketing or Ezine publishing or blogging, requires research and organizing.
Internet is packed with affiliate marketing software and other marketing techniques like quick Ezine publishing, to make your online business a million-dollar industry with just a few hours and days spent over it. Well, let me tell you that overnight success of internet marketing strategies is a carefully publicized myth.
Successful internet marketing strategies are not devised in a day or two, but take effort, meticulous research, implementation and monitoring of various marketing techniques like Ezine publishing, Affiliate marketing, banner ads, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), blogs, Good adsense, etc.
Create an impact with your internet marketing strategy by implementing a combination of these proven marketing techniques.
Targeted Niche Marketing: Decide on the customer for your internet business. Survey the customer categories and usefulness of your product for this. Organize your Marketing Strategy around your niche customers. Niche marketing techniques will require optimal utilization of other internet marketing strategies to be successful.
Affiliate Marketing: Sign up with programs that offer your business to their affiliate marketer networks. You will get a readymade list of people eager to sell your product for a commission off the sale. The commission structure can be decided by you. Just remember that best affiliates charge the highest commissions, but are an invaluable asset to affiliate marketing success. Affiliate marketing is the simplest Internet marketing strategy.
Ezine Publishing: Create a mailing list or use an old mailing list for sending newsletters (Ezines) about your business. Make maximum use of the referrals. Have visitors to your website signup for the Ezine and even refer a friend. Publish your Ezine carefully to target your business audience. Having other popular businesses advertise in your Ezine will get you a space in their Ezine marketing too, widening the sphere of your internet marketing strategy.
SEO Piggybacking: One of the oldest internet marketing strategies is to hitch a ride on another successful business. Add keywords to your web content to get your site search engine optimized (SEO). Research various search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask Jeeves, etc for keywords describing your business. Check the businesses that rate the highest with the search engines and get your website optimized to the same keywords and watch your business show up high in search results.
Banner Ads: Carefully select high traffic websites to place your banner ads. Research the host websites for competitors’ ads, web content quality, ad content quality, how many other sites link to it, search engine optimization of the host website, and placement of your ad. Banner Ads are an invaluable part of your internet marketing strategy.
Reviews and Awards: A review from a popular reviewing and/or award site can help you establish credibility with your visitors. Have your customers review you. Your reviews being posted in blogs and forums will also contribute to the success of your internet marketing strategy.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Campaign: This is a tricky online marketing strategy but can become hugely successful when monitored closely. Select a PPC program that permits you the flexibility to determine your daily expenditure for this directed traffic generation method.
Blogs: Blogging is an integral part of every successful internet marketing strategy today. You can publish your own blogs on your business site or become a member of other blog sites. Selecting successful networking sites for blog placement will increase your market presence.
Google Adsense: This textual internet marketing strategy places related text AdWords by Google on your website. By participating in this network marketing you build up your presence with other members of Google AdSense and earn a better SEO placement.
Freebies: Offer free coupons or discounts in your website and in your ad placement on other sites. Track these freebies and their success by allotting a code to each coupon and monitor the success of this type of internet marketing strategy. The freebies can be as banner ads or text ads and are great at directing customers to your website.
By carefully selecting a combination, you can create a highly successful internet marketing strategy for the long term.
Information on how to become a certified Google Authorized Website Optimizer, Adwords or Analytics Consultant
As the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) community expands more experts are required. Unfortunately, it seems that many people interested in acquiring training are confused when it comes to figuring out today’s various Google certifications. The following information should shed some light on the subject and hopefully eliminate some of the mysteries.
1. Google Adwords Certified Individual
Designed for professionals who want to deal with AdWords accounts, the Google Advertising Professionals program offers the perfect training to become a successful ad manager.
The Google Adwords Certified Individual program is the most widespread form of Google certification. It is the easiest to attain and, as per Google, only requires the following:
– Enroll in the program successfully – online registration is available.
– Be in good standing, accept the rules of use and not violate them.
– For 90 days, manage at least one AdWords account (your own or someone else’s) in My Client Centre (MCC).
– Spend at least US$1000 (or an equivalent of other currency) in My Client Centre during the 90-day period.
– Pass the Google Advertising Professional Exam – need 75 %.
It is best to take the exam after you meet the above mentioned requirements and have studied the lessons, however, you can take the exam at any time. The format consists of 100 questions which have to be answered in a 90 minute span. Taking the test costs $ 50 per try and when you succeed you will receive a funky badge signifying your certification.
2. Google Adwords Certified Company
To become a Google Adwords Certified Company is a bit more complex. The company will need a few certified individuals on staff and will also have to spend higher amounts in the MCC. Further requirements are:
– Your billing and mailing address has to be in a country where company qualifications are available.
– Have at least two employees with Qualified Individual certification. They have to be enrolled under the main ‘company-registered My Client Centre’ account and not their own.
– Defined by their country, spend the minimum 90-day total for the company’s My Client Centre account. In the US and UK that amount is $ 100,000 over any 90-day period. This can be tricky if the client base is unstable or seasonal.
3. Google Analytics Authorized Consultant (GAAC)
Anyone trying to find their way through the challenging hoops of the Google Analytics Authorized Consultant program will need determination and insight in various fields. The reason for the know-how is that, the GAAC designation is not based on successful testing, but rather on a detailed submission explaining why you should be an authorized consultant. The document, which has to be emailed to Google should contain the following evidence:
– Detailed range of stand-alone Analytics services, including implementation, configuration, training and consulting experiences.
– Comprehensive case studies of 3 verifiable, paid, expertly deployed Google Analytics projects with at least 3 different clients. Google will verify these references.
– Proof of proficiency in web analytics. This can include experiences in blogging, speaking, white papers, management bios, ad campaigns, or successful marketing programs.
– Have at least 2 people employed who have passed the GAIQ test (Google Analytics IQ test).
– You must represent a business (individuals do not qualify) which is legally incorporated to do operate in your locality.
Once your foot is in the door, you will be confronted with further and ongoing criteria. These are:
– At the end of each calendar quarter you will have to provide a detailed report of all GA projects you have worked on during that time. This statement has to include client names and achieved results.
– At your expense, register at least 1 employee to the yearly Google Analytics Authorized Consultant summit (held once a year in Mountain View, CA). This can be expensive for those not residing in the US.
Because of the intricate requirements there are less than 100 authorized companies in the world!
4. Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant (WOAC)
Anyone interested in getting a Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant badge will have to apply for this certification the same way GAAC applicants do; email a detailed submission document to Google. It should summarize the following:
– In-depth case studies of at least 3 verifiable and successful Website Optimizer experiments you designed and implemented. These 3 referred clients have to different and will be contacted for verification.
– Proven background in marketing, blogging, speaking, white papers, etc.
– Evidence of Google Website Optimizer services. This can include setup, training, and consultation.
– Committed to succeed in the Google Website Optimizer technical training sessions at a Google office in Mountain View, CA, USA.
– Providing detailed product and market feedback on a quarterly basis and launch at least 3 Website Optimizer experiments per quarter.
What certification suits you best will in the end depend on how much time, effort and money you want to devote. The more invested in the program, the higher the benefits will be. Good luck!
Many people confuse these two terms and use them interchangeably but there is a difference between SEO and SEM. Search engine optimization (SEO) is a component of search engine marketing (SEM). It is the act of optimizing a website for organic or natural search engine listings. Search engine optimization is one of the most cost-effective functions of a search engine marketing campaign, but it is only one element of SEM.
Search engine marketing (SEM) is the act of marketing a website via search engines, whether by improving rank in organic or natural listings, paid or sponsored listings or a combination of both.
A comprehensive search engine marketing campaign includes the following functions:
- Search engine optimization
- Search engine and directory submission management
- Paid inclusion and trusted feed programs
- Pay-for-placement management (includes pay-per-click)
- Link popularity / reputation development
- ROI and performance monitoring and reporting
Now that you know the difference, here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of SEO and SEM.
SEO – PROS
- Organic listings are a trusted source of information, believed to be unbiased and indexed solely by the automated methods of an objective third-party
- Natural search traffic provides a steady stream of traffic over time
- Costs are frontloaded; once pages are optimized for organic search, low ongoing maintenance fees make it cost-efficient for marketers on a limited budget
SEO – CONS
- Organic results can be unfocused in their content and occasionally misconstrued through automation
- There’s little control over which terms your pages will be linked with or how well they get ranked
- Relatively low control over your listing copy – automated technology decides what’s displayed
- Organic listings have to be optimized well in advance of the intended pay-off and require great insight to production efforts down the road
- Engine requirements can be at odds with site design and architecture; it is often difficult to present information that is both accessible to search spiders and carefully designed to influence consumer behavior
For these reasons, it becomes important to actively monitor organic listings and brand rankings within. There is no substitute for a proper SEO program and the natural traffic it provides.
SEM – PROS
- Paid traffic comes with a measure of predictability, allowing marketers to forecast both volume and cost-efficiency for relevant metrics
- The free-market bidding system offers full access to a target audience and the opportunity to scale campaigns and pursue them aggressively, creating synergies with sales promotions
- Paid traffic can provide a boost to site volume when most needed
- Creative is completely customizable, to further the user’s search intent and strategically position a brand within that search engine dialogue
- Paid listings are manually generated, and constructed with more awareness to the environment and a consumer’s true intent
- Sponsored ads are known to drive more sales than ordinary search links, converting at higher rates
SEM – CONS
- Paid listings can get very expensive across competitive keywords, where market forces can quickly inflate cost-per-clicks (CPC)
- A certain portion of the customer base is wary of paid listings.
In conclusion, search engine optimization is simply a component of search engine marketing. They are both important for managing and improving your website. We hope this has cleared up any SEO and SEM confusion.