Information on how to become a certified Google Authorized Website Optimizer, Adwords or Analytics Consultant
As the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) community expands more experts are required. Unfortunately, it seems that many people interested in acquiring training are confused when it comes to figuring out today’s various Google certifications. The following information should shed some light on the subject and hopefully eliminate some of the mysteries.
1. Google Adwords Certified Individual
Designed for professionals who want to deal with AdWords accounts, the Google Advertising Professionals program offers the perfect training to become a successful ad manager.
The Google Adwords Certified Individual program is the most widespread form of Google certification. It is the easiest to attain and, as per Google, only requires the following:
– Enroll in the program successfully – online registration is available.
– Be in good standing, accept the rules of use and not violate them.
– For 90 days, manage at least one AdWords account (your own or someone else’s) in My Client Centre (MCC).
– Spend at least US$1000 (or an equivalent of other currency) in My Client Centre during the 90-day period.
– Pass the Google Advertising Professional Exam – need 75 %.
It is best to take the exam after you meet the above mentioned requirements and have studied the lessons, however, you can take the exam at any time. The format consists of 100 questions which have to be answered in a 90 minute span. Taking the test costs $ 50 per try and when you succeed you will receive a funky badge signifying your certification.
2. Google Adwords Certified Company
To become a Google Adwords Certified Company is a bit more complex. The company will need a few certified individuals on staff and will also have to spend higher amounts in the MCC. Further requirements are:
– Your billing and mailing address has to be in a country where company qualifications are available.
– Have at least two employees with Qualified Individual certification. They have to be enrolled under the main ‘company-registered My Client Centre’ account and not their own.
– Defined by their country, spend the minimum 90-day total for the company’s My Client Centre account. In the US and UK that amount is $ 100,000 over any 90-day period. This can be tricky if the client base is unstable or seasonal.
3. Google Analytics Authorized Consultant (GAAC)
Anyone trying to find their way through the challenging hoops of the Google Analytics Authorized Consultant program will need determination and insight in various fields. The reason for the know-how is that, the GAAC designation is not based on successful testing, but rather on a detailed submission explaining why you should be an authorized consultant. The document, which has to be emailed to Google should contain the following evidence:
– Detailed range of stand-alone Analytics services, including implementation, configuration, training and consulting experiences.
– Comprehensive case studies of 3 verifiable, paid, expertly deployed Google Analytics projects with at least 3 different clients. Google will verify these references.
– Proof of proficiency in web analytics. This can include experiences in blogging, speaking, white papers, management bios, ad campaigns, or successful marketing programs.
– Have at least 2 people employed who have passed the GAIQ test (Google Analytics IQ test).
– You must represent a business (individuals do not qualify) which is legally incorporated to do operate in your locality.
Once your foot is in the door, you will be confronted with further and ongoing criteria. These are:
– At the end of each calendar quarter you will have to provide a detailed report of all GA projects you have worked on during that time. This statement has to include client names and achieved results.
– At your expense, register at least 1 employee to the yearly Google Analytics Authorized Consultant summit (held once a year in Mountain View, CA). This can be expensive for those not residing in the US.
Because of the intricate requirements there are less than 100 authorized companies in the world!
4. Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant (WOAC)
Anyone interested in getting a Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant badge will have to apply for this certification the same way GAAC applicants do; email a detailed submission document to Google. It should summarize the following:
– In-depth case studies of at least 3 verifiable and successful Website Optimizer experiments you designed and implemented. These 3 referred clients have to different and will be contacted for verification.
– Proven background in marketing, blogging, speaking, white papers, etc.
– Evidence of Google Website Optimizer services. This can include setup, training, and consultation.
– Committed to succeed in the Google Website Optimizer technical training sessions at a Google office in Mountain View, CA, USA.
– Providing detailed product and market feedback on a quarterly basis and launch at least 3 Website Optimizer experiments per quarter.
What certification suits you best will in the end depend on how much time, effort and money you want to devote. The more invested in the program, the higher the benefits will be. Good luck!