Skype for business
Messaging capabilities of Skype for Business include:
- Instant messaging. Securely chat with co-workers in virtually any office. Help keep projects and work flowing with real-time communications, even with a distributed, mobile workforce.
- Rich presence. Skype for Business provides immediate, visual availability indicators of colleagues’ ability to chat, showing if contacts are “available,” “away”, “busy”, and more. Presence is automatically updated based on your Outlook calendar, and is displayed across all Microsoft Office applications.
- Screen sharing*. Share documents and applications to help communicate ideas faster and help complete work more efficiently.
- Group chat. Group chat combined with desktop sharing is a powerful tool to help drive information sharing across your organization, particularly with employees located in different offices.
- Voice and video chat.* Chat sessions transition to face-to-face meetings with a single click, helping to improve collaboration.
* Requires Skype for Business Enterprise